Sunday 10 July 2011

Traitors Among Us by S.R Claridge

Those of you who follow my blog will know that I have recently been sent the Just Call Me Angel books to review. I do tend to stick to chick lit usually as it is light, easy reading but I gave Tetterbaum’s Truth a try and I was surprised how much I enjoyed it so much so I have just finished reading the second book Traitors Among Us. Did I enjoy it......... Well I finished it in 5 hours so I think that answers that question!

Plot
With Tetterbaum’s Truth revealed and her true identity exposed, Angel Martin tries to adjust to her radically new role as head of the Chicago Maratinzano family. Unfortunately, Mafia life offers little down time.

The sudden kidnapping of her mother and Aunt Olga leads Angel on a path to a past she’s never known and an adversary she is unable to find. When an FBI mob bust against her family is fuelled by administration level information, Angel turns to the other Chicago Bosses for answers; but every trail dead ends and every person is not who they seem.

Racing to save the people she loves most, Angel must learn to trust her instincts, even when she comes face-to-face with the scariest truth yet… there are Traitors Among Us.

My Opinion
Traitors Among Us is a great follow on from the first book. The pace of the book was a little slower with this one but I think it worked well in this book as we are introduced to many more characters so it gives us time to get to know who is who. One of the new characters we meet in this book is Sophia who is Angels mum and her character gives the same feeling as Angel so we warm to her right from the first chapter.

I did miss Olga’s character in this book although she does appear at times in it she was the one who gave the first book the humorous part which is missing in this book but not having the humour made the book seem a little darker and on edge.
The element of suspense is back again in this book which gives such an adrenalin rush whilst reading I felt like I had been sitting on the edge of my seat the whole time whilst reading this book! During the whole of the book I felt the same feelings that Angel was having and that is who can you trust? Who is the good guys and who are the bad guys? This is what truly makes it a page turner.
There is a real mix of content in this book including crime, suspense, romance and mystery and of course the Mafia! I love the fact that right the way through book one and two there are no dull, low parts of the books they are action packed right the way through.
The book has clearly been left open at the end to allow another book to follow on. I still stand by what I said in the first review and that these books will be made into a film and I am sure they will be a great hit.
I cannot recommend this book and in fact this series highly enough it is a little diamond waiting to be found so give this one a try. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS