Friday 9 December 2011

Best Christmas Book 2011 Competition Winner Announced


Over the last few months I have managed to read many fabulous books which were kindly sent to me by either the lovely authors themselves or their publishers for our Best Christmas Book Competition so I would firstly like to say a BIG thank you to all who sent books to me.

For those of you who haven’t followed this competition from the bringing let me just recap as to why I decided to do a Christmas book competition this year.
Each year I find it hard to get into the Christmas spirit and so I always look for my favourite hobby of reading to help me out. Each year I have gone into the book shop and purchased all off the books in the chart which have a festive cover hoping they will bring out the Christmas spirit in me! Last year every book I read at Christmas although they had beautiful Christmas themed covers there was barely a mention of Christmas in these books so my mission this year was to find the best Christmas book..... roll on the Best Christmas Book 2011.

Having finished the final book for the competition on the weekend it was now time for the difficult part of choosing the winner. Just to remind you these were the books we had enter ( click on the book to see my review)

There wasn’t a single one of these books that I didn’t enjoy, but there were a few which stood out more than others. So I managed to whittle it down to my top 4 books which were, Wrapped Up in You, Breakfast at Darcy’s, The Night Before Christmas and It Started with a Kiss. Each of these books had a slight edge with their storyline and I would read each of these books again. 

This is where things got difficult and I had to go back to the reason for starting this competition to help to select a winner with this in mind I had to eliminate both Wrapped up in You and Breakfast at Darcy’s. Carole Matthews, Wrapped Up in You is my favourite Carole Matthews book and I couldn't find any negatives when reviewing her book but I didn't find it at all festive in fact I would have loved to have taken this book on holiday with me next year.
Ask me about author Ali Mcnamara before I had read Breakfast at Darcy’s and I was pretty much sitting on the fence with this author but now after reading this book I love her, it truly was an adorable and unique story but again I didn't find any festivity in this book.

And then there were two!  It Started With A Kiss by Miranda Dickinson which is her third book and a delightful read with romance and Christmas markets and a perfect Christmas kiss. Secondly is The Night Before Christmas which is Scarlett Bailey’s debut book and Scarlett really starts in the book world with a bang the whole book is set around the lead up to Christmas and has a traditional setting with snow and presents and all the trimmings.

So my winner is......................
Scarlett Bailey with The Night Before Christmas.
Come back tomorrow to read our interview with our Christmas Book 2011 Winner!


No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS