Saturday 14 April 2012

The Jane Austen Marriage Marriage Manual by Kim Izzo

When this book arrived in the post as soon as I opened it I instantly loved the cover of the book, it would definitely be one that would catch my eye on the book shelf, but then I read the title of the book The Jane Austen Marriage Manual and I was a little hesitant to start reading this book as I am not a fan of Jane Austen, well to be completely honest I am not really a fan of classics at all (sorry!) None the less I decided to give it a try.

We meet our main character Kate Shaw who is about to turn 40, lose her job, her family home and to top it all of she is single. Desperate to try and give herself and her family the financial stability they need she soon snaps up a chance of some freelance work that could change her life completely.
Using Jane Austen's rules Kate needs to find a rich man to marry but will she find love with the same man?

The storyline is a modern day love story with a great mix of loveable characters from a different mix of classes. I found myself laughing away at various situations Kate got herself into when mixing with the higher class characters my favourite has to be when she is asked to examine a cow!

I am a real sucker for a great romance story and this one had me gripped as it was a fresh unique storyline which made each and every page a joy to read. I am so glad I didn't let the title steer me away from this book because although Katie's assignment is based on Jane Austen's rules there wasn't a Jane Austen overload feel to it.

If you are looking for a delightful modern romance story with some great humour you will thoroughly enjoy this book.


Paperback               Kindle

2 comments:

  1. I do like the cover but I have to admit, I wouldn't have picked it up off he shelf from the title but the way you described it, it sounds completely different to my initial thoughts. It sounds like a fun read and I'm more likely to give a go now so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover, great review!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS