Friday 28 December 2012

Once Upon a Christmas by Sarah Morgan


Sarah Morgan is an author I have only come across recently. After reading and enjoying Summer Kisses, when I heard she had also written a Christmas book I had to give it a go!

The structure of the book is the same as Summer Kisses where there are two stories in one book. Both are different storylines and feature different main characters, although previous supporting characters in the first story do re-appear in the second story.

Part one has to be my favourite. It has a festive feel to it unlike part 2 and the two main characters Bryony and Jack are both realistic and loveable characters. Bryony’s daughter has asked Father Christmas for a Daddy for Christmas and she is convinced that he will fulfil her Christmas wish as she has been extra specially good! But how does Bryony feel about letting another man into her life?

Although it is only a short story (which I am not usually a fan of) I was still engrossed in the storyline. Some of the storyline was rather predictable but it was a romantic, easy read and yet it wasn’t gushy which is what I typically expect from a Mills and Boon book.

What I preferred about Once Upon a Christmas compared to Summer Kisses is each story was wrapped up perfectly rather than coming to an abrupt and unexpected ending.

Part 2 of Once Upon a Christmas loses the festive feel but steps up the romance pace. Helen is nursing a broken heart but she is bot coping well as Oliver can see from the first time he lays eyes on her. Oliver is a handsome gentleman who goes out of his way to help Helen.

I did enjoy part 2 but not as much as part 1. You could see the ending mapped out from the first chapter. I wold love to see this author create a little suspense in her novels it is the only thing I feel she is missing from her writing.

The author’s stories remind me of Cathy Woodman’s books they give you enjoyable cosy village reads that are perfect for Winter reading. At the time of this review this book is currently only 99p on kindle so click the link below to grab it at this great price.


Paperback                 Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS