Monday 11 March 2013

Could It Be I'm Falling In Love by Eleanor Prescott


This Valentine's Day, Roxy Squires is waiting for the phone to ring... Roxy is famous. At least, she used to be. She's a good-time TV presenter and, OK, so things haven't been going so well recently, but she knows her big break is just around the corner. What she's really looking for is someone to propel her back to the big time. Enter Woody, one-time pop star and Roxy's ultimate dream date, now working as her window cleaner. He's the answer to her prayers - but for some reason, he doesn't want to be famous any more. And it turns out that they're not the only celebs in the village. Roxy's living amongst a motley crew of former stars and fame survivors, who meet weekly to discuss their new lives. Is this the reality check Roxy needs? Or maybe it's a chance to do the unthinkable and fall in love...?



I have had Could it be I’m Falling in Love? On my to be read pile for a couple of weeks and although I loved the synopsis all about “has-been” celebrities which really appealed to me I have to say I was rather intimidated by the size of this book at 558 pages long!

When the book begins and we meet one of our main characters Roxy I was a little unsure as to whether  I would finish this book as I didn't like her character. She was fame hungry and she didn't seem to have anything else about her personality it seemed that fame was her whole life. Luckily we then meet Woody who was very lovable character who was very easy to warm too.  When things begin to look shaky for Roxy, Woody takes her under his wing and introduces her to a group of “has beens” who meet weekly to chat about their new lives.

I loved the mix of characters in this book we have many characters from different aspects of the limelight and they all brought something different to the book. Luckily as the book progressed Roxy began to mellow a little and towards the end of the book I can actually say I did like her character which is unusual for a character to come around full circle for me!

My two favourite things about this book have to be the ending the way that it was all wrapped up perfectly not leaving you on a cliff hanger and wondering if there will be a follow up book. Also the guessing game the author gets not only the characters but also the reader involved with! I didn't see this part happening so when it came up I was racking my brains trying to solve the mystery and I failed! (sorry I can’t tell you more than that otherwise it has to come with a massive SPOILER ALERT!)

This book is perfectly set out in that the chapters alternate between each character so you get to know the characters well and each of the chapters are only 2-3 pages long so it is easy to pick up and put down. This was an enjoyable book once the story had got going I do feel that it was a little drawn out at the beginning and so the book could have easily shed at least a hundred or so pages but all in all this was a great read.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this one - it was such a funny and heartwarming read with so many great characters. Fab review! x

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS