Thursday 24 October 2013

Take A Look At Me Now by Miranda Dickinson


What a difference a day makes… Nell Sullivan has always been known as ‘Miss Five-Year Plan’. But when she finds herself jobless and newly single on the same day, Nell decides it is time to stop planning and start taking chances. Nell blows her redundancy cheque on a trip of lifetime to a place where anything is possible – San Francisco. There she meets a host of colourful characters, including the intriguing and gorgeous Max. Very soon the city begins to feel like Nell’s second home.

But when it’s time to return to London, will she leave the ‘new Nell’ behind? 
And can the magic of San Francisco continue to sparkle thousands of miles away?



I am a big fan of Miranda Dickinson and I have read all of her books. I have eagerly been awaiting her new release Take a Look at Me Now and as I sat down to read this last night I have already devoured it and had to get started on the review as I am still so hyped about this book, I just hope my review will do this book justice.

Nell never takes and risks and is never spontaneous she always has everything carefully planned out, that is until she is made redundant and her love life has a spanner in the works too. Unsure of what path to take next in her life Nell decides to blow her redundancy pay on an 8 week trip to San Francesco to stay with her cousin Lizzie to enjoy the sights and to try and get her head straight as to what it is she wants to do, but will this exciting new city capture her heart and prevent her from returning home?

WOW…..

This book is by far Miranda Dickinson’s best and that is saying something as I have loved all of her books but this is one of those books that just wraps you up and leaves you with a smile on your face though you are sad that it has come to an end. There are so many wonderful characters in this book, Nell is such a delightful character who I instantly loved. As Nell meets the various characters in this book it feels as though we are meeting them too as they are all so full bodied and loveable.

The author has quite clearly done her research when it comes to the sites of San Francisco her attention to detail is fantastic I felt as though I was walking around the amazing and sites, everything just felt as though it was coming to life through the pages. It has never been somewhere that has been on my wish to visit list but after reading this I would love to go! This book was mouth wateringly good, the food was so tantalising, I just wanted to pull the pancakes and cheesecakes out of the pages!

I loved the twists that were created in this book, they were unexpected and when I was reading what I thought was an already perfect read to then have this unexpected twist was just an added bonus. I loved the storyline it had everything that you could want and hope for in a perfect read, romance, perfect setting, quirky characters, twists and turns, what more could we ask for.

This is a definite must read, you all need to add this to your to be read piles. It will have you gripped from the first page and will immerse you in the storyline right until the very last page.




Kindle                       Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS