Thursday 7 November 2013

Christmas at Carrington's by Alexandra Brown


Georgie Hart loves Christmas time at Carrington’s Department store. Running the luxury handbag department, Georgie adores helping customers in the hunt for the perfect gift for the perfect someone. And this year is no exception – now she has the hunky Tom, Mr Carrington himself, to spend the special day with. But when Tom springs a surprise, Georgie’s plans are thrown into chaos. Carrington’s is getting a fresh lease of life in a hot new reality TV show, featuring formidable retail guru, Kelly Cooper.

As the first show airs, Georgie is shown in a far from flattering light. Worse is to come when Kelly’s vile daughter appears to get her claws into Tom. Georgie fears this will be the worst Christmas ever, but Santa still has a little surprise for her stocking this year – she’ll just have to wait until Christmas to find out…

One book I have particularly been looking forward to this Christmas is Christmas at Carrington’s by the lovely Alexandra Brown. I loved her debut novel Cupcakes at Carrington’s and I had a feeling she was going to be an author to watch out for and after just finishing Christmas at Carrington’s I know my feelings were right as this book is fabulous.

Christmas is Georgie’s favourite time of year and this will be her first Christmas with the gorgeous Mr Carrington! Things are finally looking picture perfect until Georgie and Sam sit down one night and tune into a new retail reality show hosted by retail guru Kelly but Georgie gets the shock of her life when her rear end is dancing away on the tv screen!

As Carrington’s begins to get a help in hand to boost sales figures, it is soon clear that having the tv show take place in Carrington’s is going to make things very complicated for everyone involved in more ways than one.

This was a great follow on to Cupcakes at Carrington’s. I devoured this book one Saturday morning I literally didn’t put it down, it felt like I was meeting with friends again as all of the characters felt so friendly and familiar to me. If you liked the first book then you will love this one as it has a similar feel to it although it has a lot more humor and excitement in this one and of course that touch of festivity. Each chapter starts with a countdown to shopping days until Christmas and there were some other festive features in this book but the main story is heavily based around Carrington’s and Georgie’s love life.

My favourite character is back once again, the flamboyant Eddie although he doesn’t feature quite as much in this book, but I really looked forward to him appearing throughout the storyline. I felt I really got to know Georgie’s best friend Sam more in this book and she is such a warm, friendly character and the friendship between the two is so believable, I do love a good solid friendship in a book!

The author has tackled a more serious situation in this book and I think because the story is very lively and entertaining when it come to the more emotional part it really hit me as we are built up to a high with the storyline and then suddenly we are brought to a tragic low which was a very clever way to write this into the storyline so the reader feels the emotions that the friends would be feeling.

My one and only complaint about this book is I would have loved to have Tom feature more but to tell you the truth this is probably my hormones talking! I know why he couldn’t be in the book as much as this is a big part of the storyline I just wanted to drool some more!
This is yet another entertaining and glamorous read by the talented Alexandra Brown.I cannot wait to revisit Carrington’s again so I hope the lovely Alexandra Brown is tucked away busy writing the next book.

**WARNING** read book with caution the descriptive writing when describing the bags make you feel that you must have these little beauties and so I headed to the shops after to treat myself to my first designer bag !!!

Festive Cover


Festive Storyline


OVERALL REVIEW



Paperback                 Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS