Saturday 2 November 2013

Spirits of Christmas by Nicky Wells


Spirits of Christmas: A Rock’n’Roll Christmas Carol 

At one time, up-and-coming rock singer Jude had it all: a great band, a platinum record, a loving girlfriend. This Christmas, however, he is well down the road towards spontaneous self-destruction. 

Unwitting at first, Jude has progressively alienated his band and driven away the love of his life. Tonight, the night before Christmas Eve, he has broken the final taboo during a disastrous gig. Yet Jude doesn’t see how badly his life has derailed, not until a ghostly procession of legends passes through his bedroom with a series of vivid and powerful wake-up calls.

Will the Spirits help Jude put the friendship, love, and rock music back into his Christmas? 

Spirits of Christmas is a modern-day rock’n’roll adaption of Charles Dickens’ classic A Christmas Carol. This novella will enchant romance readers, rock lovers, fans of ghost stories, and everybody who adores the festive season.





About Nicky Wells:

Romance that Rocks Your World!
Hi! I’m Nicky Wells, your ultimate rock chick author. My books offer glitzy, glamorous contemporary romance with a rock theme ~ imagine Bridget Jones ROCKS Notting Hill! If you’ve ever had a crush on any kind of celebrity ~ rock, pop, movie or other ~ you’ll connect with my heroes and my leading ladies! Like my first leading lady, Sophie, I love listening to rock music, dancing, and eating lobsters. When I’m not writing, I’m a wife, mother, occasional knitter, and regular contributor to The Midweek Drive show on Lincoln’s Siren 107.3 FM. Rock on!




My Review

This year author Nicky Wells is joining in  on the festive spirit by bringing out a Christmas novella. Spirits of Christmas is a very unexpected take on A Christmas Carol, which is one of my favourite Christmas books of all time so when I began reading Spirits of Christmas I was very unsure if this take was going to work!
Luckily as usual Nicky Wells pulls it out the bag again and brings a modern twist to a true classic.

Jude is our rock God who is on a slippery slope about to lose everything until the " Ghosts of Christmas" come to show him his ways. I loved how Nicky still managed to bring characters from her previous books to weave into this storyline .

This was a fun, festive novella that is very cleverly thought out. A must read if you are looking for a quick Christmas read. A 5* Novella read.

Kindle                       Paperback

1 comment:

  1. Rea, thank you so very much for sharing your thoughts on the Spirits on your blog today ~ I am delighted that you enjoyed my festive novella and would like to thank you for your fabulous support, as always. You rock! Wishing you all the best for the impending festive season!! XX

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS