Thursday 10 April 2014

The Accident by C.L Taylor


Sue Jackson has the perfect family but when her teenage daughter Charlotte deliberately steps in front of a bus and ends up in a coma she is forced to face a very dark reality.

Retracing her daughter’s steps she finds a horrifying entry in Charlotte’s diary and is forced to head deep into Charlotte’s private world. 

In her hunt for evidence, Sue begins to mistrust everyone close to her daughter and she’s forced to look further, into the depths of her own past. Sue will do anything to protect her daughter.

But what if she is the reason that Charlotte is in danger?


When I met author Cally Taylor at a book event early this year she was telling me about the new direction her writing has taken and that her new book The Accident was due to be released in April. I loved Cally Taylor’s books but I have to be honest and say as much as I loved them I was unsure how I was going to get on with a deeper and darker side to her writing  I was just hoping that I loved it just as much as her previous books.

Sue cannot believe that her daughter Charlotte would just accidentally step out in front of a bus, as she sits there holding her daughters hand now she is lying unresponsive weeks later still in her coma she is determined to get to the bottom of what events occurred before the tragic accident. But as chilling events occur is it her mind playing tricks on her or is what she begins to uncover true?

This book showed Cally Taylor at her best and I am sure that this book is going to be a big hit because it absorbs you into the storyline and then does not let you go! This is a chilling read that will give you goosebumps, it had me on edge I was sure I was going to have to watch Finding Nemo before I went to bed!

This is a thrilling read that keeps you guessing the whole way through. The chapters switch back and forth between Sue’s past and the present day which worked really well in this book. I was so captivated by this book that I was actually shocked when it ended I hadn’t realised I had reached my last few pages.

The author has such a clever way of creating characters who are full bodied but that you never really know. I found myself constantly questioning if I could trust each one or if they had something to hide, the only character I had in the clear was our protagonist Sue everyone else in my eyes were in the line up.


This is by far Cally Taylor’s best book yet and I think this is going to be a hard one for her to beat. Chick lit is where I am most comfortable and what I thoroughly enjoy but this book was an addictive read that I have already been recommending to friends, I wouldn’t be surprised if this book makes it into my top 10 of 2014. I can’t wait for another Thriller by this author.

Get in quick if you have a kindle as it is currently only 99p! ( at time of review)




Kindle             Paperback

1 comment:

  1. I read this book so quickly, couldn't put it down! SD
    http://www.sandradanby.com/

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS