Monday 14 July 2014

The Lemon Grove by Helen Walsh


Each summer, Jenn and her husband Greg return to Deia, on Mallorca's dramatic west coast. This year the arrival of Emma, Jenn's stepdaughter, and her new boyfriend Nathan threatens to upset their equilibrium. Beautiful and reckless, Nathan stirs something unexpected in Jenn. As she is increasingly seduced by Nathan's youth and the promise of passion, the line between desire and obsession begins to blur. What follows is a highly-charged liaison that puts lives and relationships in jeopardy. For Jenn, after this summer, nothing can ever be the same.


After the hype around The Lemon Grove by Helen Walsh I was so intrigued, I had to get my hands on a copy. The book is only 275 pages long so is an ideal quick read for your Summer reading and the cover is just screaming holiday read.

Jenn and husband Greg are holidaying in the picturesque Deia in Mallorca, Jenn is soaking up the sun and enjoying the tranquil surroundings that is before her stepdaughter is due to fly out with her new boyfriend Nathan to join them. Jenn soon finds herself being seduced by the gorgeous, youthful Nathan, this sure isn’t going to be a holiday she will forget.

I was completely shocked by this book it was not what I was expecting at all! I thought it was going to be a light romantic holiday read with an enjoyable storyline that would transport me to an idyllic destination, well the only thing that was correct in my thinking was the idyllic setting! The setting of the book is described really well and I could visualise the setting it did sound like a perfect holiday destination. The storyline took me quite by surprise and if I am truthful I would say I am a little confused with my thoughts about this book. The authors writing style is great but the actual storyline just seemed wrong and I felt a little uncomfortable reading it not because of the saucy and steamy sex scenes but because of who the sex was with I think this was a very risky subject to attempt and I am not sure this will win everyone over but having said that I must be one of a minority that think that as there are so many 5* reviews. It was unusual to have characters that I didn’t warm to but that was because all of the characters were flawed and I have to say Emma was such a spoilt brat!


I did finish this book because I enjoyed the easy flow of the authors writing and because I was intrigued to see how the book ended but I wouldn’t say that this is a book that I would read again or that I would rush to recommend.



Kindle                 Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS