Sunday 10 August 2014

Paper Swans by Jessica Thompson


Ben Lawrence seems to have it all - the hot job, the flashy car, the luxurious apartment. But one tragic day in his past mars his future. Since the events of that day he hasn't truly got close to anyone. He made a promise that love was the price he would pay for his mistakes. When Effy Jones - a bright, ambitious charity founder - walks into the PR firm where Ben works, neither realise that their lives are about to be turned upside down.



I absolutely loved This is a Love Story and Three Little Words by Jessica Thompson so I have been eagerly awaiting her next release, so when I finally set my eyes on the gorgeous cover for Paper Swans I just couldn’t wait to get wrapped up in this authors literary world again.

Ben is the definition of success, he has it all the high flying job, the bulging bank account, the cool apartment and the gorgeous looks to go with it but his package isn’t complete as underneath all that he is hiding a tragic event from his past that he just cannot lay to rest.

Effy has very strong values and is a very ambitious woman who is the founder of a new charity to help the families is Uganda. Effy and Ben are poles apart and yet when their paths cross when Ben is put forward to help with the fundraising for Effy’s charity the two soon find an attraction between them but  like with many relationships it  is never plain sailing and will this couples relationship be able to ride the storm or will it just sink?

Once again this wonderful author has brought us yet another fabulous read. The author has created such full bodied characters that seem so life like, they are both completely different characters but they both seem to be workaholics and they have their flaws! I loved Effy as it was nice to have such a determined and ambitious female lead. Ben is a great character who I couldn’t help but swoon over. I loved how he comes across as this picture perfect hot blooded male that any woman would fall for and yet underneath he is a very broken man. It was great how the author managed to keep us in suspense throughout a lot of the book as to what the actual event was that had occurred earlier in Bens life and we were giving parts of the event in dribs and drabs so our attention was held all the way through the book waiting to find out the whole picture of the event.

The reason why I loved this book so much was because of the main topic of the storyline which was about mental health. I could really relate to this topic which is another reason why I think I enjoyed the book so much especially because the author has shown that someone with mental health can easily hide their problems so nobody has any idea that anything is wrong but it also shows how important it is not to bottle it all up but to talk about it. The author writes about this delicate subject beautifully and with such knowledge and skill.


I often find that the title of the book has little relevance to the storyline but I love that little paper swans do actually feature in the book. This really was a lovely moving read that flowed at a slow pace and I enjoyed every minute of it, I cannot wait for another book by this author she is fast becoming one of my favourite authors.



Paperback               Kindle

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing Rea. I really like the sound of this book. I haven't yet read any of Jessica's books but added this to my list :-) Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah thank you for popping by, be sure to pick up one of her books they are all fab she has a great writing style xXx

      Delete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS