Sunday 17 August 2014

Pieces of You by Ella Harper


The perfect marriage. A devastating secret. An impossible choice. Lucy was always sure of one thing – her future with husband and soulmate Luke. But after eight long, heartbreaking years trying to have a baby, that future is crumbling before her eyes. When a terrible accident puts Luke into a coma, Lucy is forced to reassess everything she thought she wanted. Then Stella arrives. A woman Lucy’s never met, but with a secret that will change her world forever . . .

I loved the look of this book and the synopsis really intrigued me, having not heard of this author before I checked to see if this was a debut and was pleased to find that yes this is the first book by Ella Harper but in fact the authors real name is Sasha Wagstaff who is a very popular author but whose books I have never got around to reading so I was looking forward to delving into one of her books.

Lucy and Luke have such a strong and loving relationship and from the outside looking in it looks like the perfect marriage. But little does everyone know is that this couple have had more than their fair share of heartache with years of trying for a baby and just as things start to look on the up a terrible unexpected tradgedy occurs leaving husband Luke in a coma Lucy feels her whole world crashing down around her.

Before I go into detail of my review I am going to put a warning out there, do NOT read this book in a public place, not onthe train to work or even in a coffee shop because you will attract quite a few looks!

I don't think I have ever had such deep sympathy for a character as I had with Lucy. Even after having so many different heartwrenching things thrown at her she still had that fight in her to carry on when most of us would just crumble and give up. Her raw emotion just flowed through the pages touching the readers heart and you just couldn't help but keep turning those pages hoping for a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel for her.

It was a real thought provoking read for me I constantly found myself thinking how I would be feeling or how I would react if I was in Lucy's shoes and it was upsetting enough just thinking about it, but I thik it is one of those things until you are actually faced with that situation you never can tell how you would react and like Lucy you would just rely on your loved ones around you to pull you through.

You all know by now how I love twists in the books that I read and let me tell you there were a couple of twists in this book and rather than just being surprised I actually felt like someone was punching me in the stomach because not only was it a shock it was also a shock full of emotion too and I think because I connected to the main character so much this is why the twists had such a big effect because it was as if you were experiencing them at the same time of the character.

I like the way the book was set out told from not only Lucys point of view but also from members of Lukes family too so we see the effect all the events are having on the whole family.

This was such a poignant and emotive read that will have the tears flowing, this storyline really moved me I just need a happy book now to cheer me up! I highly recommend this book and if you get in quick it is currently only 99p on kindle which is an unbelievable price ( price at time of review )


Kindle                        Paperback

1 comment:

  1. Did luke know that Stella was pregnant in the end? Meaning he heard Lucy talking about it while he was in a coma? Great review!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS