Tuesday 12 August 2014

Where Love Lies by Julie Cohen



Lately, Felicity just can't shake a shadow of uncertainty. Her husband Quinn is the kindest person she knows and loves her peculiarities more than Felicity feels she deserves. But suddenly it's as if she doesn't quite belong. Then Felicity experiences something extraordinary: a scent of perfume in the air which evokes memories that have been settled within her for a long time, untouched and undisturbed. As it happens again and again, the memories of a man Felicity hasn't seen for ten years also flutter to the surface. And so do the feelings of being deeply, exquisitely in love . . . Overwhelmed and bewildered by her emotions, Felicity tries to resist sinking blissfully into the past. But what if something truly isn't as it should be? What if her mind has been playing tricks on her heart?


I have just finished reading Where Love Lies by Julie Cohen and I couldn't wait to start my review because this book has really intrigued me.

Felicity has always felt different but her husband loves her all the same but she is increasingly feeling like she just doesn't fit in and even her husband has started to notice she seems to keep getting lost in her own world.

But Felicity experiences something strange, a beautiful smell of flowers but no one else can smell it and often no one else is around. As these episodes began to occur more often she soon finds her thoughts being transported back through the years. Are all these emotions and feelings that come with the episodes real or is her mind playing tricks on her.

I can honestly say I have never read a fiction book and then sat afterwards feeling shocked because I have learned something that I never even knew existed but this is how I feel at the moment after reading this truly fascinating and poignant book. 

I did find that I had mixed feelings about our main character Felicity one minute I loved and sympathised with her the next minute I was really disappointed in her and actually didn't like her but in the next instance I had total respect for her, is there any more conflicting thoughts you can possibly have about one character! Her husband Quinn was a little gem and I loved his character.

This really was a page turner for me especially in the second half of the book I found it impossible to put down as this was where I became completely absorbed into the storyline and I couldn't get enough information about what was going on ( sorry I can't say more than this without it being a spoiler alert)

The book was even finished of beautifully not leaving us on a cliff hanger which after the emotional turmoil in the last part of the book I don't think we would have coped with not knowing the outcome. This book is about a very serious topic and I am so fascinated by this topic now and especially after reading the authors comments at the end of the book.

This is definitely one I will be recommending and it is one of those books that will stay on my mind for a long time yet. Julie Cohen has brought us another fascinating, poignant and truly fantastic read yet again.


Kindle                       Hardback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS