Tuesday 20 January 2015

Love Rosie by Cecelia Ahern


From naughty children to rebellious teenagers, Rosie and Alex have stuck by each other through thick and thin. But just as they're discovering the joys of teenage nights on the town and dating disasters, they're separated. Alex's family moves from Dublin to America - and Alex goes with them. For good. Rosie's lost without her best friend. But on the eve of her departure to join Alex in Boston, Rosie gets news that will change her life forever - and keep her at home in Ireland. But destiny, Alex and Rosie discover, is a funny thing and fate isn't quite done with them yet…


Love Rosie is by far my favourite book by Cecelia Ahern. At the start of this book I actually wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to carry on reading because it has a structure that I have never read before where the whole book is told from letters, emails, cards and texts between the different characters and this did take a good three or four chapters before I settled into the layout of the book. 

The main characters are best friends Alex and Rosie and the book is told from their early years at the age of seven right through until their fifties. We get to see their friendship through the years as the characters reach different points in their lives including romance, family life and careers.

I was surprised how well I connected with the characters through this style of writing. Alex and Rosie have such a special bond and although as they get older you really want bash their heads together and make them get together it is easy to see why they are both hesitant to put their feelings on the line and risk losing a special friendship.

I loved the messages from Katie and Ruby too this broke things up a little bit rather than it all being about Alex and Rosie and they brought some humour to the book too. This was a nice easy and light read there wasn’t any dull points to the book and although I was pretty sure I knew what the outcome would be I enjoyed reading about the will they won’t they journey.

I enjoyed the book so much I would love to see the film now although I can’t imagine how they have managed to turn this into a film so I am intrigued to see how they managed it!


For a fun, light and unique style read full of friendships, romance and day to day struggles in life then this will be right up your street.


Kindle                     Paperback

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for following my blog. I'm following yours now too. Not a huge fan of Ahern, but if I'm looking for something light to read, she's always a good choice.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS