Wednesday 25 March 2015

A Celebration of Fiction with Ebury.



Last night I made my way to the Century Club at Shaftsbury Avenue where Ebury were hosting the Celebration of Fiction event. I met the lovely Amanda from One More Page before the event we then headed in for a night of bookish chat, talented authors and drinks and nibbles!

When we entered the room we were greeted by the stunning Amelia who was so welcoming and put me at ease again she is a little angel! It was great to chat with her and she made sure we were loaded up with our mojito ready for our evening of mingling and she then introduced us to Amanda from Novelicious , we were also joined by Laura from Laura's Little Bookblog before long we were chatting away about the books we love and about the books that were on display in the room, Amanda highly recommended The Martian by Andy Weir which is not a book I had heard about and not my typical kind of read either but she couldn't praise it highly enough so I am looking forward to delving into that one.
Laura, Rea, Amanda

Amanda, Rea, Amanda



We were then joined by my favourite author the one and only Rowan Coleman who as ever was looking very glam and took the time to come over for a squeeze and a chat about her new book We are all Made of Stars, I managed to keep my fan girling under control until she had walked away! I was ecstatic to get my hands on a copy of her new book, what do you all think of the cover?



There was a lovely welcoming and relaxed atmosphere and it was a great chance to meet new reviewers, authors and all the wonderful publicity team at Ebury it was just a shame we want joined by Ian ..........

Ian, who is Ian?
He is a goldfish of course!
Ian is from a new book called Fish Bowl which is by Bradley Somer and although he couldn't be with us we did have a picture of him so his presence was felt in the room!
You can follow Ian on twitter @goldfish_ian



As the evening come to an end I was hovering over the cupcakes when the stunning Tess Henderson who I have spoken to for years on twitter came over and said hello and it was so great to finally meet her in person after all this time.

We were treated to a goody bag to take away with us which held some exciting new releases as well as some other treats which you can see in the picture below as well a delicious cupcake I had to be loyal and opt for a We are all Made of Stars one! 




I just want to say a BIG thank you to everyone at Ebury for a thoroughly enjoyable and entertaining evening and for our goody bags.
Keep your eyes peeled for reviews for these fabulous books .....



We Are All Made of Stars by Rowan Coleman

The Martian by Andy Weir

Shoes for Anthony by Emma Kennedy

Fishbowl by Bradley Somer

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS