Thursday 27 August 2015

Stirred with Love by Marcie Steele


Sometimes the best friends can be found where you least expect them …

Still grieving after the loss of her beloved husband, Lily Mortimer is determined to do something with the time she has left. After the end of her fairytale marriage, thirty-something Kate is trying hard to mend her broken heart.

Chloe, a young woman with the world at her feet, is struggling to know what to do with her life. When Lily embarks on a new venture in the picturesque town of Somerley, the three women come together to open The Coffee Stop, the most charming café for miles around. But opening a coffee shop is never as simple as it seems, especially when you add neighbouring competition, local heart throbs and heartbreak to the mix.

When tragedy strikes, can the three women pull together to make the new business fly, or will Lily’s last chance disappear down the drain along with yesterday’s coffee grinds?


Having read a lot of intense crime thrillers recently I really felt the need to get back to my preferred genre of romance so Stirred With Love couldn't have arrived on my kindle at a better time.

Kate is going through a tough time in her relationship and when she her friend finds a perfect advert in the paper for her to help with a new cafe come coffee shop it sounds like the ideal solution  for her to take a break and move in a different direction. 

Chloe has come to the end of her exams and now has to make a decision as to what to do next, her dad is keen on her to further her education but Chloe wants a little time out over the Summer and so she answers the advert in the paper for help in a new coffee shop.  

Can Kate and Chloe help owner Lily make another go opening her shop or is it time to let go.

This was a very enjoyable light read that deals in a large does of heartache but forming strong friendships soon helps to heal old and new wounds. I warmed to Kate more but I think that is probably due to her age and so I felt like I could relate to her a little more whereas Chloe still has that immaturity to her but she brings a light tone to the book and also shows a vulnerable side too. Lily was an endearing character and she seemed to take the girls under her wing and give them a few wise words of wisdom!

In some ways the storyline was predictable but there was one twist I didn't see coming which had me open mouthed. It was such a quick and breezy read that I really enjoyed although I don't think it  will be one that will stay on my mind a couple of months from now.

I loved the splash of romance that was weaved around the storyline but for me it was the fun of watching the transformation of the coffee shop and also the trust and bonds develop between the ladies that really had me entertained.  


This sure is a grande read for me!


Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS