Thursday 25 February 2016

Kitty's Countryside Dream by Christie Barlow


New home.
New life. 
New beginning. 

Love affairs can blossom in the most unlikely places . . . When Kitty inherits Bluebell Lodge from her grandmother, a farm in the beautiful Staffordshire countryside, it's time for fresh air and a fresh start. Up to her elbows in chickens and ponies, Kitty soon realises there's an awful lot to learn about farming. Still, at least the locals seem friendly, not least her handsome neighbour Tom... 

But just as Kitty is beginning to find her feet, and the possibility of love, the discovery of a long-hidden diary, by a mysterious character called Violet changes everything. 
Who is Violet and what is her message for Kitty? 
As Kitty fills in the lost pieces of her family jigsaw and discovers some shocking revelations, will her countryside dream and blossoming relationship fall to pieces?

When it comes to life in the country, nothing is ever quite as it seems ...


The cover for Christie Barlow’s new book Kitty’s Countryside Dream is really eye-catching with its bright soft colours it had me wowed before I even started the first page and although you should never judge a book by its cover you sure can with this one as the cover complements the beautifully sweet storyline that is inside. I have previously started one of Christie's books before but I could't get into it so I was a little unsure how I would find this book but this book was right up my street!

Kitty has recently lost her mum and after so long being her mums carer she now doesn’t know what to do with her life but when she suddenly inherits Bluebell Lodge from a grandmother who she has long thought dead her life is about to have a purpose again. Kitty makes some wonderful new friends and gets a couple of hearts racing as she learns the ropes of running a chicken farm but Kitty is about to learn about more than just chickens!

The book starts off a light and cosy read as we are introduced to our main character Kitty who is a very good natured and friendly character. We know early on in the book that there is something amiss when we find out that Kitty had inherited the farm and yet had presumed that her grandmother had died years ago so I was curious as to what the mystery was going to be. There was a lovely group of warm and welcoming support characters from the handsome Joe to the excitable Jeannie and not forgetting the lovely Lucinda who made my mouth water throughout the book at the mention of all of her home made delicious treats. As the book progressed the storyline took on a deeper meaningful feel to it as we began to dig into the secrets of the past but yet not getting to heavy so it was still a wonderfully enjoyable read.

I found this book really enjoyable, the author has an engaging writing style that managed to draw me into the storyline and the lives of our character. The storyline flowed at a great pace and I raced through the book in no time soaking up the wonderful detailed descriptions and shaking my head at some of the frustrating points where I just wanted to shake Kitty because of how terribly wrong she got things!.

I found the first half of the book managed to keep me guessing about the events surrounding Kitty and Bluebell Lodge but smack bang on half way I had guessed what the mystery was which in one way was a shame but yet I still couldn’t put the book down as I was eager to see how it would be revealed.

I can see that fans of Cathy Bramley and Cathy Woodman would love this book as it had the cosy natural feel to it that I find in these authors books.




Paperback                Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS