Wednesday 20 April 2016

My Map of You by Isabelle Broom


Holly Wright has had a difficult few years. After her mother's death, she's become expert at keeping people at a distance - including her boyfriend, Rupert. 

But when Holly receives an unexpected letter explaining that an aunt she never met has left her a house on the Greek island of Zakynthos, the walls she has built begin to crumble. Arriving on the island, Holly meets the handsome Aidan and slowly begins to uncover the truth about the secret which tore her family apart. 

But is the island where Holly really belongs? 

Or will her real life catch up with her first?



I have desperately been waiting for Isabelle Broom’s My Map of You to be released and having now just finished reading this atmospheric read I can say the story it holds inside is as beautiful as the cover.

Holly has not had an ideal upbringing which has had an effect on her and her relationships as she can’t let anyone close including boyfriend Rupert. But Holly is about to have her life turned upside down when an unexpected letter arrives informing her that she has inherited a house on the Greek Island of Zakynthos from her Aunt, but as far as Holly is concerned she was the only member of her family still alive.

Holly was a character who really touched my heart and who I found a connection with early on in the book. Holly didn’t actually know who she was, she has spent so long being a chameleon trying to fit around people and she doesn’t let anyone in, she had to learn to be friends and learn to love, nothing came naturally and trust didn’t appear to come at all. As Holly spends more time in Zakynthos there was something comforting and calming about the Island that slowly managed to get Holly to take a step back and start to really figure out who she is and what she wants and I loved watching her character blossom.

The supporting characters were all really well developed, some I didn’t warm to such as Rupert others I loved just as much as Holly like our charming Aiden.

The Island of Zakynthos was so enchanting and inviting thanks to the authors skilled and detailed descriptions, I think the author needs to be on commission for this book as holidays to the Island are sure to take a rise once readers have had a taste of the Island through these pages, I for one was straight online having a look on Thomson! 

The author has obviously spent a lot of time researching the Islands little hideaways and quirks it was like a little guided tour alongside the storyline.

The storyline had me engrossed the whole way through with some unexpected surprises along the way to keep me on my toes. The Greek charm of the locals, the sizzling romance and the idyllic setting all come together to make this a truly perfect holiday read this Summer but be warned closing this book and leaving the characters and Zakynthos behind is like boarding that dreaded flight home!


I really enjoyed this book and Holly’s journey of self-discovery as well as my own discovery of the stunning Island of Zakynthos, this is the first book of the year that I have read that I want to scream at everyone to pop in their suitcases as this one is perfect holiday reading that will not disappoint. 


Paperback               Kindle

1 comment:

  1. That is a seriously gorgeous cover! It sounds like the book was just as gorgeous. Glad you enjoyed it!

    Dena @ Batch of Books

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS