Thursday 14 July 2016

Letters from Lighthouse Cottage by Ali McNamara


Sandybridge is the perfect English seaside town: home to gift shops, tea rooms and a fabulous fish and chip shop. And it's home to Grace - although right now, she's not too happy about it. 

Grace grew up in Sandybridge, helping her parents sort junk from vintage treasures, but she always longed to escape to a bigger world. And she made it, travelling the world for her job, falling in love and starting a family. So why is she back in the tiny seaside town she'd long left behind, hanging out with Charlie, the boy who became her best friend when they were teenagers?

It turns out that travelling the world may not have been exactly what Grace needed to do. Perhaps everything she wanted has always been at home - after all, they do say that's where the heart is...


After finding myself stuck in a reading slump over the past few weeks I was desperate to find a book that would grab me right from the first chapter and keep me hooked right up to the last page and that is exactly what I found when I started reading Letters from Lighthouse Cottage by Ali McNamara.

Grace grew up in Sandybridge but she was determined to escape its clutches and see the world and build a life away from the seaside town but it meant leaving her best friend Charlie behind who was quite content in Sandybridge. Now she finds herself back in her home town with life ending up not quite how she imagined. Did she do the right thing all those years ago leaving her home town in search of something that may have been under her nose all along.

I was so wrapped up in this storyline watching the friendship between Grace and Charlie blossom over the years and see the direction both of their lives took. They were both such engaging characters along with Danny too who provided the romance and at times humour to the storyline.

I loved the enchanting touch that was weaved throughout the storyline thanks to Remy, I found it quite exciting waiting to see what news Remy was going to bring us next and I can’t tell you how much I wish I had my own Remy at home waiting for me!

At times I thought that the storyline was predictable and I was sure I knew how things would pan out but then something else would happen that would make me doubt myself which I loved as it helped to keep my interest piqued right up until the perfect ending.


I thoroughly enjoyed this charming feel-good read it is definitely one of my favourite Ali McNamara books.



Paperback               Kindle 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS