Friday 24 March 2017

The Escape by C.L Taylor

When a stranger asks Jo Blackmore for a lift she says yes, then swiftly wishes she hadn't.
The stranger knows Jo's name, she knows her husband Max and she's got a glove belonging to Jo's two year old daughter Elise.
What begins with a subtle threat swiftly turns into a nightmare as the police, social services and even Jo's own husband turn against her.
No one believes that Elise is in danger. But Jo knows there's only one way to keep her child safe – RUN.

I have been a huge fan of C.L Taylor her books have always kept me on edge and in complete suspense all the way through so I have been eagerly awaiting the release of The Escape to see what the author has lined up for us next.

When Jo Blackmore finishes work to go and collect her daughter Elise from nursery she is approached by a woman asking for a lift and as she gets into Jo’s car it soon becomes clear that this woman is about to shatter Jo’s world when she makes a threat to Elise’s safety unless Jo gets her husband to return what he has stolen from the woman. As the days go on it becomes apparent that it wasn’t an empty threat and she fears for her daughters safety but will anyone believe Jo or will it just be put down to her mental health issues.

The opening chapter pulled me in immediately and I felt that familiar sinister feel to the authors storylines that I have come to know and love. Interestingly I didn’t warm to Jo and I can’t quite put my finger on the reason why other than possibly because there was a little part of me that didn’t quite trust her. The storyline had me hooked the whole way through and I found myself picking the book up at every spare moment eager to see what was going to happen next.
The only reason I am giving this book a 4 star and not a 5 is that I worked out very early on who I could and could not trust so I didn’t have that constant suspicion that I usually have in this authors books but I still enjoyed watching events unfold but there was still that part of me hoping that my instincts were about to be proven wrong. 

This is another gripping fast paced read by C.L Taylor that will have readers hooked from the first page.

Kindle                     Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS