Tuesday 31 May 2011

I Heart New York by Lindsey Kelk

Lindsey Kelk has wrote three books in the I Heart series
I heart New York,
I heart Hollywood
and I heart Paris.

If you have read my previous reviews you will know I was unaware of this as I read the I heart Paris which is the last book first and only once I started reading this book did I fall in that there were previous books.

I thoroughly enjoyed the last book and so I decided to go back and read the first one I Heart New York which I managed to find in the Library.


All of the I heart books look pretty much the same on the front cover with the big I Heart Title on the front and also the bright girly chick lit look to them.


Angela Clark has a life changing moment when she finds her boyfriend Mark with another woman in the back of their car at their bestfriends wedding. To make matters worse her bestfriends knew about it and after her relationship is clearly over and the wedding ruined with a groom with a broken hand Angela decides she needs to get away and flies for the first time to New York!!!


Through the rest of the book we watch Angela pick herself up from the disaster with the help of new friend Jenny and begin to make a life for herself writing for "The look" a blog about her days in New York and she also starts dating again. Only thing she doesn't know for sure is is this still a vacation or is this her new life, choices have to be made.

I enjoyed this book just as much as the last one. I was surprised that I seemed to warm to Angela's character more in the last book. I did not find this predictable which I have found so much in the recent Chick-lit books I have been reading.


The story line has you gripped as I think most girls can relate to the way Angela feels even if we didn't run off to another part of the world! The one character I changed my opinion of in this book was Angela's best friend Louisa who in the last book I felt quite sorry for her losing her best friend and also having her wedding ruined but after now reading the books in order I am surprised that they are still friends as it turns out in the beginning of this first book Louisa actually knew about Angela's boyfriend Mark having an affair!!


The ending of the book is left wanting more and is clearly left open for another book. I can not wait to read the next one I heart Hollywood.
I would recommend anyone who enjoys a light, warm, easy chick-lit read to read this book. Although I had read the books the wrong way around I don't feel that it ruined the story line in anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS