Friday 16 September 2011

Until The End Of Forever by Shannon Hart




When Shannon Hart’s Until The End Of Forever arrived in my post box I instantly fell in love with the cover of the book. It creates a very romantic setting giving us a little treat for what the book has in store for us. The cover couldn’t be more appropriate for this book. This is my second book I am reading as part of the Chick lit Plus book tour.

Plot
When Sarah Matthews keeps having recurring nightmares she begins to psycho-analyse herself in an attempt to find the reason behind them. After all, she has a perfect marriage; two beautiful children; a part-share in a little business; and everything in the world she could possibly wish for. She is totally content...or is she? Could her life be just a little too perfect?
Over a friendly luncheon, Sarah suddenly has stirrings of envy for the total freedom she can no longer enjoy; and when the opportunity is offered her to go to Paris for a month to work with a photographer on the production of a series of Coffee Table books, she decides to go off and find herself. However, in the wake of tragedy she is called back home again, only to find upon her return that the relationship between her and her husband rapidly begins to deteriorate.


Very much aimed at the feminine reader, this is a lovely story, and one to which very few will be unable to relate.

My Opinion
I love the way the author changes each chapter between Sarah and Robs perspectives as this gave us a true insight into both of the characters true feelings. The first part of the novel is told by many flashbacks to earlier points in their relationship which gives the reader a feel for how close they are as a couple and how perfect their relationship has always been, but it soon becomes clear that a perfect relationship doesn’t last forever you need to expect a few bumpy rides!

I did think it was a little extreme when Sarah decided she needed time to find herself she had to go all the way to Paris to do it leaving her children behind, but then I have to remember this is fiction. The book was a very pleasant, quick and romantic read at only 209 pages long which allowed me to finish it in an evening.

I would recommend this to any fans of chick lit who are looking for something romantic but not too challenging. This is a sweet and romantic read which you will enjoy although I don’t think it is one that you will keep on your book shelf to read again.



The lovely Shannon Hart now joins us and is willing to answer some questions for us.
1. Your book had a very romantic feel to it. Do you consider yourself a true romantic and were your characters based on people you know?
I do consider myself a romantic actually. I'm pretty much the surprise-giving, candle-light-dining, getaway-for-two kind of woman. Unfortunately though, the life has been laid out for me lately with 2 kids, a full time job and a busy husband, it hasn't left me much time to plan exciting things. But every now and then, my husband and I make sure we do date night and get alone time. The characters were based on bits and pieces of people I know for sure. Like Lucy was partially based on my sister-in-law who really is a graphic designer (an awesome one in fact), and Mark partially mimics my own brother. He's a musician too but just hasn't gone into it as a career. So, bits and pieces I would say.

2. Are you currently working on a new book or do you have any plans for a new book you can share with us?
I have finished the writing and editing process of my second book actually and I am so excited about it. It has a different feel from Until the End of Forever and I really hope people love it. It's set in a small town that I'd actually love to live in. I'll be able to share more about it in the coming months.

3. What authors inspire you?
Three authors I've loved for a very long time are Meg Cabot, Cecelia Aherns and Dorothy Koomson. But the first few authors to inspire me were Francine Pascal and Beverly Cleary.

4. What was the last book you finished reading and what are your thoughts on it?
The last book I read was actually Tina Fey's Bossypants. I'm not big on reading biographies but hey, this was Tina Fey. I thought her book was hilarious but touching at the same time. It's so different from the other (few) biographies I've read. I think Tina Fey is awesome.

5. If you were stuck on a desert Island what would be your 3 must have items?
Wow, are you sure I only get to bring 3 items? I'm not really famous for packing light... My husband can verify that... :) But probably my iPad, my curling iron and my favorite pair of denim cut off shorts.


Thankyou so much to Shannon Hart for taking your time to chat to us over at Rea Book Reviews and for the chance to read your book.
If this sounds like your kind of book then head over and get your copy below ...


Shannon Hart Until The End Of Forever on Kindle
Shannon Hart Until The End Of Forever Paperback

Even better if you buy yourself a copy head over to Shannon Hart Amazon $10 gift card with your receipt to be in with a chance of winning a $10 amazon voucher.

1 comment:

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS