Wednesday 28 December 2011

I Heart Vegas by Lindsey Kelk


Are any of you Lindsey Kelk fans? Well guess what she is back! This time with I Heart Vegas, and I could tell just by the cover and the synopsis that I was going to love this one.


Plot
After her first standalone novel, The Single Girl’s To-Do List, Lindsey returns with a sparkling and romantic new novel in the I Heart series.
Angela Clark loves her life in New York. She a Brit who’s conquered the Big Apple. Unfortunately, she’s also a Brit who’s lost her job. And when, just a couple of weeks before Christmas, the immigration department gets wind of this, Angela needs to find a new job urgently. Or a husband. And she doesn’t think her boyfriend Alex will be keen.
A girls’ weekend in Vegas with her best friend Jenny seems the perfect way to forget her troubles. From the minute they arrive Angela is swept up in a whirl of cocktails, outrageous outfits, late nights and brushes with the chapel of love. But rather than escaping trouble, Angela is up to her neck in it….
But what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas – right?
With a bonus Angela’s Guide to Vegas - the ultimate city break guide!

My Opinion
Ok for any of you who find the word beginning with C associated with women’s fiction books close your eyes now!! This series has to be one of the best Chick Lit series I have ever read! I even go as far as to say I prefer the I Heart series to the Shopaholic series as the characters seem a little more down to earth.

I Heart Vegas is Lindsey Kelks latest release and it really doesn’t disappoint. If you are an I Heart fan then this book should be the next on your to be read list. Angela is back and has found herself yet again in an impossibly difficult situation this time involving a letter informing her that she needs a visa or she is heading back to England. After reading the previous I Heart series we have become familiar with Angela’s character and so when we read this bit of news we know that this is going to get very messy and of course very funny but at Angela’s expense!

I found that Angela’s best friend Jenny, was featured a lot more in this book and it is no secret after reading my previous reviews that she is one of my favourite chick-lit characters. Her character was able to grow a little more in this book and as usual she brought the humour above and beyond the previous books. We also see alot more of Alex in this book and I enjoyed seeing a little more of Angela and Alex’s relationship without the rollercoaster ride they are usually on.

There was always something going on in I Heart Vegas and I found that it flowed a comfortable pace. I would definitely recommend you pick up this book to see where Angela’s adventures are taking her next!

I am eagerly awaiting Lindsay Kelk’s new book which is due out next year as I think I am going to feel right at home with this one judging by the title I Heart London!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS