Wednesday 21 December 2011

Russian Uprising by S.R Claridge


I have just finished reading Russian Uprising on kindle by S.R Claridge. This is the third book in the Just call me Angel series and I have loved each and every one of them.

Plot
After a brutal attack on Tetterbaum's Pub, Angel discovers the Chicago families have been infiltrated by the Russian Bratva. When the Cappo Di Tutti Capi orders a hit on her most trusted men, she is forced to take drastic measures to flush out the infiltrators before more people die. Traitors are friends and friends become enemies in this deceptive Mafia world, where Angel's only hope of stopping the Russian uprising is to turn against her own blood.


My Opinion
After reading the previous two books I thought that once I started to read book 3 Russian Uprising I would know the characters well enough by now to determine who are the good guys and who are the bad guys but this book is full of the twists and turns we experience in the previous two books so I was still unsure as to who Angel could trust other than her mother and Olga.

I really feel I have to mention Olga in this review. Olga is Angels aunt and she has been with us right from the beginning of the first book and I love her character. Any of you who have previously read any of the Just Call Me Angel series will know that the storyline is very intense, I personally have never read a book with the amount of suspense that this book offers and so Olga’s character is great in this book as her character is like no other in this book and I found she broke up the intensity at some points in the book and brought the element of humour to a very dark storyline.

Angel has grown so much during each of the books but I think her character really comes into her own in this book when she has to make some very tough decisions which ultimately may have resulted in the end of her life.

There really is no author to compare S.R Claridge way of writing when it comes to the suspense and twists and turns she creates. I ache after reading one of her books as the suspense makes we tense waiting to see what is round the corner!

I have found that through reading all three of the books in this series there have been no dull points and unlike most series of books the third book is just as good as the first book. This is definitely one of those books you cannot put down as there is something gripping happening on each and every page there is just no safe place to put this book down!

I am not sure if this is the last book in the series but I am hoping this is not the case. I feel the book has been left open for a possible follow up I for one am keeping my fingers crossed
5 out of 5 stars does not seem high enough, I feel I want to give a 10 out of 5 if it were possible! I cannot understand why this series hasn’t been picked up by a director as this series would be an award winning film easily.


2 comments:

  1. Rea, thank you so much for reviewing my books. I am smiling inside and out! Russian Uprising is not the last in the series and I am hoping to have the next book released in the early part of 2012. Thank you again for taking the time to review my work. Have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year.
    Love, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay that has made my Christmas! Can not wait for the next instalment! Thankyou for allowing me to review the series so far. I hope you have a lovely Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS