Monday 9 April 2012

All the Single Ladies by Jane Costello


I have read all of Jane Costello’s books and I love them as they are always full of down to earth humour, which make the books such a joy to read so having thoroughly enjoyed her previous I had no hesitation in ordering her latest book All the Single Ladies even though it meant I haven’t been able to get the song out of my head!

As soon as we meet our main character Sam it is clear that her life has just been turned upside down. Partner Jamie has decided that he can’t be with Sam anymore as he now has plans to move to South America and these plans do not include Sam although he insists he still loves her. This is hard for any girl to hear and it sounds like mixed messages as surely if you love someone you cannot bear to be without them. Distraught Sam soon comes up with a plan along with the help of her tow friends and Jamie’s sister to try and win him back and change his mind.

We see some of Jane Costello’s familiar humour shining through in some of the situations that occur to win back Jamie one of my favourites involving a malfunctioning boob boost! I found that Sam’s character felt pretty in depth which I think is helped by the fact that the book is told from Sam’s point of view so we get to see and feel her thoughts and feelings first hand. I did find at one point in the book closer to the end that I wanted to throttle her for the way she was treating character Ben as I loved him he came across as a true caring gentleman.

Although the book was witty throughout the book there was also a deeper topic which was briefly covered to do with one of Sam’s friends and I thought this was covered very delicately and gave a lovely unexpected touch to the book.

I really enjoyed this book and part of me didn’t want it to end however I love the ending to this book as it was unpredictable and in all honesty I couldn’t have hoped for a better ending to a great book. I cannot wait for another Jane Costello book to come out, this was a thoroughly enjoyable read.



Kindle                        Hardback            Pre-order Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS