Saturday 30 June 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James

When Fifty Shades of Grey was first released I remember seing the cover and thinking how bland it looked and then after reading the synopsis it really didn't sound like my kind of read. Over the last few weeks I have lost count of the amount of ladies who have come into the salon clutching their precious copies and raving about it. What really swayed it for me was when friends of mine who don't usually read were all on the social networking sites all thoroughly enjoying it but also giving a word of warning it is a little raunchy ........ well I have news for you it certainly isn't a little raunchy it is pure and utter filth and yet I was hooked !!


Plot
When literature student Anastasia Steele interviews successful entrepreneur Christian Grey, she finds him very attractive and deeply intimidating. Convinced that their meeting went badly, she tries to put him out of her mind – until he turns up at the store where she works part-time, and invites her out.Unworldly and innocent, Ana is shocked to find she wants this man. And, when he warns her to keep her distance, it only makes her want him more.But Grey is tormented by inner demons, and consumed by the need to control. As they embark on a passionate love affair, Ana discovers more about her own desires, as well as the dark secrets Grey keeps hidden away from public view …


No matter how much people warn you about the content of this book you will still be in utter shock when the sexual scenes start it is unlike anything I have ever read in a book and yet it didn't feel cheap and tasteless which I think is thanks to the two main characters Ana and Christian as they are both wonderful characters who have been developed very well.

There is an air of mystery surrounding Christian Grey and his childhood and this really keeps you interested  in the storyline as there is definitely no mystery when it comes to the sex between Christian and Ana as this is very graphic so does not need to leave anything to the imagination!

There have been many reviews saying how poorly written this book is and yes it does have its flaws but yet it is a gripping and entertaining read which has got millions of people reading many who do not usually read!
I think my only negative comment about this book is it did get a little annoying with the constant repetition of Oh my, Oh my, Oh my along with a few other sayings but the author soon makes up for it with more steamy chapters.

One of the most steamy, entertaining books I have every read and I can not wait to get started on book two!


Kindle                      Paperback


Love the sound of this one then why not grab the trilogy?

Paperback               Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS