Monday 28 January 2013

Don't Want to Miss a Thing by Jill Mansell

I have only read a couple of books by Jill Mansell, the covers always appeal to me and although I enjoyed her previous books they have never seemed to leave a lasting impression on me.

I loved the synopsis of the book it sounded like my kind of read and again the cover of Don't Want to Miss a Thing is one that would reach out to me from the shelves.

Dexter Yates loves his fun, care-free London life; he has money, looks and girlfriends galore. But everything changes overnight when his sister dies, leaving him in charge of her eight-month-old daughter Delphi. How is he ever going to cope?

Comic-strip artist Molly Hayes lives in the beautiful Cotswold village of Briarwood. When it comes to relationships, she has a history of choosing all the wrong men. Leaving the city behind, Dex moves to Briarwood - a much better place to work on his parenting skills - and he and Molly become neighbours. There's an undeniable connection between them. But if Dexter's going to adapt, he first has a lot to learn about Molly, about other people's secrets...and about himself.

This is by far my favourite book by Jill Mansell. I was hooked throughout the whole of thisbook. I found it impossible to put down cooking the dinner became an inconvenience! The story line was so fresh it wasn't similar to any book I have read.

We have two main characters in Dexter and Molly, as well as a few other characters who have smaller parts on the book such as the lovely Frankie who also brings a smaller storyline alongside the main plot but I found this storyline just as entertaining.

There was also some great humour weaved in between the romance and troubling situations some involving baby poo and my favourite was to do with the YMCA song! These incidents gave the characters a realistic feel to them and managed to keep the book lighthearted.

The book was packed with romance, humour and a cosy country storyline. The book flowed at a perfect pace with no low points where you would usually feel like skim reading.

This was a warm and touching read and one whose storyline and characters will stay with me long after the book is finished. This is definitely one for your to be read piles.



Hardback                Kindle

3 comments:

  1. Hooray, thank you SO MUCH! I'm just thrilled you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rea ~ what a fabulous review! I love Jill's books and this one is going straight onto my wishlist. Love the cover, just like you. Awesome!

    Speaking of awesome, and love: You know I love your blog so I simply had to nominate your for an award. You can pick it up here, sweetie: http://wp.me/p1HzVM-Sz

    Rock on! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jill Mansell so much! Thanks to your review I discovered that it is available in eCopy here in Canada today- downloaded it already! Hurrah!!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS