Tuesday 14 May 2013

The Bow Wow Club by Nicola May


In this entertaining sequel to Working it Out Ruby never expected to be starting over... ...but after a shocking bereavement, she begins to question whether or not she will ever be happy again. A chance encounter with handsome author Michael Bell throws her fragile heart into turmoil. Plus, a dark family secret and completely unexpected love interest add to her confusion. Encouraged to face her demons, she volunteers at the Bow Wow Club - (Boyfriends of Widows, Wives of Widowers). You will laugh and cry along with a myriad of eccentric characters as Ruby searches for her inner peace. But will she let love win? Or allow her past to continue to haunt her?


I was so pleased when I found out not only was Nicola May releasing another book, but her new book The Bow Wow Club is a sequel to Working It Out which means the return of the hilariuosly entertaining character Ruby!

This time around Ruby is grief stricken, her husband George has sadly passed away and her wild friend Fi is determind to get Ruby back into the land of the living and let someone into her heart again. You know having both Ruby and Fi back means there is going to be drama, entertainment and a whole trail of distruction!
This time around Nicola May manages to not only bring us many laugh out loud moments but also brings us some very moving parts which brought a lump to my throat. The way the author gets you on such a high and then suddenly out of nowhere comes a heartstopping moment.

There were many twists and turns and will they wont they moments in this book which helped to keep my interest sparked all the way through.

I loved all of the characters some who I remember from Working it Out and some quirky new ones like the lovable Simon. I must say though there was something about Micheal that had me on my guard from the moment I met him, my suspicions were aroused for some reason!

After reading The Bow Wow Club I stand by what I have always said about this author from day one, her books should be in our local bookshops up and down the country sitting among the other fantastic authors in the chart. Nicola May doesn't get the recognition she deserves so read her books and then shout about them from the roof tops!

If you are looking for a book that will have you hooked from start to finish and also have you laughing out loud then make this your next read.




Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS