Thursday 12 September 2013

Tempting Fate by Jane Green


When Gabby first met Elliott she knew he was the man for her. In twenty years of marriage she has never doubted her love for him - even when he refused to give her the one thing she still wants most of all. But now their two daughters are growing up Gabby feels that time and her youth are slipping away. For the first time in her life she is restless. And then she meets Matt . . . Intoxicated by the way this young, handsome and successful man makes her feel, Gabby is momentarily blind to what she stands to lose on this dangerous path. And in one reckless moment she destroys all that she holds dear. Consumed by regret, Gabby does everything she can to repair the home she has broken. But are some betrayals too great to forgive?

I always look forward to a new Jane Green book and she is back in true form with Tempting Fate which is a fantastic read and really doesn’t disappoint.

Gabby loves her husband Elliott even after all these years but when her head is turned by another man she feels as though she is missing out on something and could that something be passion, or the way that a younger man makes her feel sexy and youthful and exciting? In one night Gabby’s safe and loving world comes crashing down around her because of one awful mistake that she regrets.  Can she put right her wrongs or has too much hurt been caused?

I literally couldn’t put this book down, I stayed up until early hours of the morning to see how this book ends. It is a very thought provoking read and I found I had conflicting emotions whilst reading this. One thing I can never usually sympathise with is adultery so I had part of me screaming at Gabby for what she had done and thinking there is no way I am going to warm to this character and yet the other part of me loved her and really sympathised with her character.

The storyline was a little predictable at the beginning but it was still an interesting story so this didn’t bother me at all, then as the book moved on I wasn’t sure what the outcome was going to be and this is what kept me hooked.

I loved each and every one of the characters in this book other than Gabby’s best friend Claire, I don’t want to elaborate on why but when you read this book you will understand why she disappointed me as a character as well as a friend. There are many characters in this book but they were all developed so well so I never found that I got confused with who was who. Elliott was such a little darling and I loved him and although the majority of the book is told from Gabbys point of view there were a few chapters that were told from Elliott’s point of view and he made my heart melt.


A compelling read that had me hooked from start to finish. 



Kindle                      Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS