Sunday 19 January 2014

Take Me Home by Daniela Sacerdoti


Inary Monteith’s life is at a crossroads. After a stolen night with her close friend Alex, she's just broken his heart by telling him it was all a terrible mistake. Then she has to rush home from London to the Scottish Highlands when her little sister's illness suddenly worsens – and in returning she must confront the painful memories she has been trying so hard to escape.

Back home, things become more complicated than she could ever have imagined. There's her sister's illness, her hostile brother, a smug ex she never wants to see again and her conflicted feelings about Alex in London and a handsome American she meets in Glen Avich. On top of that, she mysteriously loses her voice but regains a strange gift from her childhood – a sixth sense that runs in her family. And when a voice from the past keeps repeating, 'Take me home', she discovers a mystery that she knows she must unlock to set herself free.


I loved Watch Over Me by Daniela Sacerdoti so when I was asked if I wanted to review her new release Take Me Home I jumped at the chance before I even knew what the synopsis was! Luckily for me after reading the synopsis I was even more excited as I have always had an interest in the gift of sixth sense and not long having lost my nan the grief is still lingering its head so this book just seemed the perfect read for me.
Inary moved away from Scottish Highlands to live in London to make a new start, she just begins to let her barriers down and begins to let Alex in but the barriers soon shut back up and with a call from back home regarding her sisters health she is soon running away again.

Back in Glen Avich, Inary is grief stricken after the loss of her sister and if that isn’t traumatic enough her Gift of sixth sense returns and a frightening young  girls voice of her past is back she needs to find out the mystery surrounding the little girl to finally free herself.

This was such a beautifully written book. The authors writing style just flows effortlessly and so you soon become swept up in the storyline. At moments during this book I found I felt the hairs on the back of my neck and yet it wasn’t a creepy read. One thing that Daniela does really well is to write with pure emotion and I felt this on each and every page, she managed to write about the grief without it being a morbid read and without making me feel low I actually found it quite a heart-warming read.

The storyline does fill you with hope, the hope that someday we will meet with our loved ones who have passed. I loved the little romance that was weaved in-between the storyline it helped to lighten the storyline. I also loved how until about ¾ of the way through I couldn’t predict anything which I love in a book and although I soon worked out a connection I couldn’t wait to watch it unfold.


This is a compelling and emotional read that you won’t want to miss especially for fans of Watch Over Me. I look forward to more by this author.




No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS