Thursday 13 March 2014

Take Mum Out by Fiona Gibson


Three blind dates
Two teenage boys messing up her plans
And one man who'll melt Alice's heart.

 'You need to get back in the saddle…' Alice despises that phrase. She's fine being single – with two slothful teenage boys and a meringue business to run, she has enough on her plate without negotiating the troublesome world of modern dating. However, Alice's three best friends have other ideas. Each one will present her with an utterly delicious, eligible man – all Alice has to do is pick her favourite.

I can’t tell you how happy I was when my copy of Take Mum Out by Fiona Gibson arrived through my door! I can always rely on this authors books to have me laughing out loud and having just finished this book I can say that this book is no exception.

Single Mum Alice has two teenage sons so trying to juggle looking after the boys, going to work and coming home to her own meringue business means there has been no time spare in her life for a man. Her friends are keen to see Alice with some romance in her life and so they each pick a man for Alice to go on a blind date with. Do her friends know her well enough to find the man of her dreams?

I loved each and every character in this book as they were all so realistic and entertaining. Alice is a strong independent caring character who is a little stuck in her ways so it was great to see her push the boundaries and try out the blind dating. Her love for both her sons was so genuine she really would do anything for them including ruining her favourite cardigan!

The humour continues in this book and it is the type of humour that does have you giggling out loud like a naughty school girl because it is day to day humour that could happen to any of us. My favourite has to be the translation problem as I could see this happening to me!

I managed to read this book in a day because I was hooked and couldn’t find a convenient place to stop other than the end. It is a fast paced read that keeps you entertained the whole way through. As well as being fun and entertaining it was also unpredictable which is something that I love in a book, I couldn’t tell if Alice was going to end up with anyone and if so who it would be my thoughts on this changed a number of times throughout the book and so this made me keep turning the pages.


Having read many highly emotional tear jerker books recently this book was like a breath of fresh air and really lifted my mood! This is quite possibly my favourite book by Fiona Gibson with Mum on the Run a close second, so don’t forget to grab your copy.



Paperback           Kindle

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a great book. And I like the cover. I'm shallow when it comes to book covers!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS