Saturday 15 March 2014

The Perfect Match by Katie Fforde


Three years ago Bella Castle left her home town nursing a broken heart over Dominic Thane, the man she fell in love with but couldn't have .

Now she's made a new life for herself in the country, working as an estate agent. Bella loves her job and she loves her boyfriend Nevil. 

But recently he's been preoccupied, and she's starting to question if his future hopes and dreams are a perfect match for hers. And when Dominic turns up unexpectedly in search of his dream house, she begins to wonder if home is really where the heart is. 

But she's over him, isn't she?


Katie Fforde fans, this is one not to be missed. I have read all of this author’s previous books including her novella that was released at Christmas so I do consider myself a fan. The Perfect Match has that Katie Fforde signature look to it that I love, her covers always look cosy and welcoming which is a great reflection on the storyline inside.

The lovely Bella Castle lives with her godmother Alice and works for boyfriend Nevil as an estate agent, and a very good estate agent at that. Bella is beginning to question her relationship with Nevil and things are not helped when a blast from her past comes along to complicate things even more.

There is such a lovely group of characters in this book. Both our older ladies Alice and Mrs Langley were kind, loving and traditional ladies who for me were the real stars of this book. Bella who is our main character is a caring soft natured character no one could not like her. I did find her choice of leaving her previous job a little silly especially considering the situation she finds herself in at work in her current job.

The storyline is very light and enjoyable, in some parts it was rather predictable but this didn’t affect my enjoyment of the book, I was kept guessing though with what the pesky little Nevi was up to. I like that alongside Bella’s storyline there is also a side line weaved in around her aunt Alice and her romance which if I am honest I preferred, it was great to have two different generations of romance involved.


If you are looking for a light cosy romantic read then this is a perfect read for you.




Kindle          Hardback

1 comment:

  1. I love all of Katie Fforde's books, but I live now in the US and I have to wait for them to be released here :(

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS