Thursday 22 May 2014

You're The One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher

Maddy, dressed in white, stands at the back of the church. At the end of the aisle is Rob - the man she's about to marry. Next to Rob is Ben - best man and the best friend any two people ever had. And that's the problem.

Because if it wasn't Rob waiting for her at the altar, there's a strong chance it would be Ben. Loyal and sensitive Ben has always kept his feelings to himself, but if he turned round and told Maddy she was making a mistake, would she listen? And would he be right? Best friends since childhood, Maddy, Ben and Rob thought their bond was unbreakable. But love changes everything. Maddy has a choice to make but will she choose wisely?
Her heart, and the hearts of the two best men she knows, depend on it...



You're The One That I Want is Giovanna Fletcher's second novel which I have been eagerly awaiting after thoroughly enjoying Billy and Me last year. The cover for this one is beautiful, the colours used are going to make this one pop on the shelves and the cover suits the storyline well with the female shown in the middle of the two males.

The storyline follows the very close friendship of Maddy, Ben and Robert from when they first meet at such a young age and we then watch them and their relationships grow right through into adulthood. Maddy is about to marry Rob but is she making the right decision?

The story alternates between Maddy and Ben's points of views so we can really see from each side how much their friendship means to one another. Although Roberts points of view were not really included we still get a full picture of his character so he doesn't play a lesser role. What I loved most about this book is the emotion and also the remarkable way the author manages to capture such a great strong and natural bond between the trio.

I could really relate to Maddy because when I was growing up my bestfriends were Joe,Ryan,Ross and Dean and I ever quite found my place in "the girl group" like Maddy so I could understand her thought process ( luckily for me I didn't find myself in her situation!) As well as relating to Maddy I also loved both Rob and Ben they were both such life like characters and because we see them grow you cant help but feel as though you are reading about your own friends.

The storyline is quite simple and yet because it is realistic and heartfelt it made it impossible to put down so it was a very quick read. I still would say that Billy and Me is my favourite but I think that book would have been hard to beat for me because I connected to that storyline on a personal level, but never the less this is still a superb second novel by Giovanna Fletcher which is full of love, friendship, tears and laughter for all to enjoy,  it just shows that love can test even the strongest friendships.



Kindle           Paperback

1 comment:

  1. I've just bought this book and can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS