Wednesday 27 August 2014

Lovestruck by Julia Llewellyn


Do you trust the ones you love? Jake and Rosie fell in love fast. Before they knew it they were married with kids, and happily living in a cramped flat in London. All the while Jake struggled to make it as an actor - waiting for that big, lucky break. When he got it - courtesy of his agent, Christy, who also happens to be Rosie's best friend - everything changed. Suddenly Jake was hardly there, working hard, always in demand - a rising star. But as fame and fortune reveals a side to Jake that Rosie's not sure she likes, she begins to wonder just how well she knows the man she married. And soon enough she's questioning how far she can trust the woman always at his side - her best friend Christy . . .



I have never come across author Julia Llewellyn before but the lovely Francesca at Penguin kindly sent me a copy of her recent release Lovestruck to review and it couldn’t have come at a better time as the last few books I have read have been real intense, tear jerkers so I needed something light and enjoyable.

Rosie and Jake look like they have a perfect life a loving relationship, two gorgeous little boys a grand house like all the rich and famous but sometimes fame and money just isn’t enough as Rosie is beginning to find out. Jake’s career seems to be going from strength to strength but the time he manages to spend at their new home with Rosie and the boys is becoming less and less and poor Rosie is beginning to feel very lonely, sometimes when your dreams come true they never seem quite so good!

This book was the perfect read at the perfect time for me. It follows the relationship of Rosie and Jake who are both fabulous characters who have got a lucky break but it shows that although you can have all the money in the world it doesn’t buy love and happiness. The couple’s main problem was the fact that they couldn’t communicate, all of their problems could have been avoided if they were to have actually sat down and spoken to each other which is a day to day problem with a lot of couples so I am sure there will be a few readers who will relate to this.

I also loved the way the author managed to create such loathing characters that really got under my skin such as Yolande and Becki oh boy did I love to hate them! I can’t believe how well Rosie coped with them she deserved a medal.

I particularly enjoyed the last few chapters of this book because the pace of the book quickened and there was a lot of things revealed that I didn’t see coming which was a great bonus. This book really makes you appreciate what you have got rather than what you want.


I love discovering new authors and I have found a great one with Julia Llewellyn thanks to Francesca, I cannot wait to try another book by this author and I would definitely recommend this book.




Paperback               Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS