Wednesday 11 February 2015

Ivy Lane by Cathy Bramley


From spring to summer, autumn to winter, a lot can happen in a single year . . .

Tilly Parker needs a fresh start, fresh air and a fresh attitude if she is ever to leave the past behind and move on with her life. As she seeks out peace and quiet in a new town, taking on a plot at Ivy Lane allotments seems like the perfect solution.
But the friendly Ivy Lane community has other ideas and gradually draw Tilly in to their cosy, comforting world of planting seedlings, organizing bake sales and planning seasonal parties.

As the seasons pass, will Tilly learn to stop hiding amongst the sweetpeas and let people back into her life – and her heart?


I had seen the Ivy Lane kindle books which were released as installments and I was keeping my eye on the reviews which were mainly all positive, I was so tempted to download them as installments but I am not big on short stories I love to just sit down and get immersed in a storyline and read from start to finish I am too impatient to wait for the next part so I decided to wait until the Ivy Lane complete novel was released instead.

Tilly has had her life turned upside down and so she is making a new start in a new area in a new home a new job and a new hobby tending her plot at the local allotment.  She soon finds herself roped into help at the Ivy Lane meetings and to help run fundraising events. Before long the community soon make her feel like she belongs but will they be able to help her heal her broken heart?

I am so glad I waited for this to be released as a full length novel, I can see how this book would work well being sold in parts but for me I enjoyed the book so much I wouldn’t want a break and I would have been too eager to know what happened next I am not very patient as you can tell!

This book was a lovely easy light read full of a wonderful group of characters. Tilly who is our main character is easy warm to right from the first chapter she is determined, good natured but also has a vulnerable side to her too, it was clear from the start of this book that she had had her heart broken but we don’t know why, we are fed little hints as the storyline progresses but when we do find out what actually happened although I had an idea actually reading her telling what happened was an emotional part of the book.

All of the characters at Ivy Lane are all wonderful characters and you get a true feel of community spirit which is just what Tilly needed even if she didn’t think she wanted it. I especially enjoyed watching her friendship grow with dippy Gemma I thing because she is a fun character she manages to lighten the mood for Tilly and soon she is enjoying herself.


This was a praiseworthy read that has the community spirit shining through, a great light feel good read.


Kindle                       Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS