Wednesday 1 April 2015

The Red Notebook by Antoine Laurain


Bookseller Laurent Letellier comes across an abandoned handbag on a Parisian street, and feels impelled to return it to its owner. The bag contains no money, phone or contact information. But a small red notebook with handwritten thoughts and jottings reveals a person that Laurent would very much like to meet. Without even a name to go on, and only a few of her possessions to help him, how is he to find one woman in a city of millions?


I was sent a copy of The Red Notebook by Antoine Laurain to read and review, I haven't read the authors bestselling book The President's Hat so I wasn't sure what to expect and if I am totally honest it doesn't look or sound like a book I would typically pick up but I decided to give it a try and I enjoyed it so much I actually read it in one complete sitting.

Laure was attacked one evening as she returned home and the attacker stole her bag. She is left in a terrible state and is so devastated about her bag being taken with all her personal belongings.

Bookseller Laurent happens to come across a bag on the street in the early morning and it quite clearly has things inside, he is desperate to try and reunite the bag with its owner but can you really tell anything about a person from the contents of their bag?

I loved the idea behind this book the thought that if someone was to find my bag what would they be able to tell about me? So this book really got me thinking and it was great to see a gentleman so determined to do the right thing and go to all the trouble in an attempt to reunite the bag with its owner.

I really warmed to Laurent but as the book progressed I really hoped that if he did finally manage to find the owner that she would see that he has a kind heart and is trying to do the right thing and isn't some weird guy trying to stalk her or God forbid that he was the attacker.

This was a simple yet charming story and at only 159 pages it is a quick read and it came at the perfect time for me as I have been in a reading slump and this felt so positive and uplifting and not challenging so I really enjoyed this one.



Paperback               Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS