Saturday 15 August 2015

All That Glitters by Vicky Pattison


Three years ago Issy Jones walked away from her dream because her family needed her. Today, she spends her days working in her mum's salon and her nights going out with her best friend, Molly. Life is good yet Issy can't help wishing for something more. 
When Issy's dad puts her forward for a sensational new reality TV show, no one expects her to actually be selected. With her family urging her to grab the opportunity with both hands, Issy suddenly finds herself surrounded by glamour, fame and celebrities. Full of excitement, Issy embraces it all - it's what she needs to do to achieve her goals. 

But when the reality of what she's signed up for doesn't match the dream Issy is chasing, things begin to fall apart. 
Issy is so close to getting everything she ever wanted - but just how much of herself will she have to sacrifice to get it?


Those of you who follow my blog will know I am always hesitant to read the latest celebrity books so when I was sent All That Glitters which is the first fiction book released by Vicky Pattison to review I can't say it was one I was eager to read and yet straight from the prologue I found my attention was piqued and I soon found myself speeding through the pages of this easy, pacy read.

Issy Jones has a real talent when it comes to hairdressing but after giving up her place on a well established training course when her dad became ill she finds herself years later still working in her mums salon doing the old girls perms and blue rinse! 

Keen for his daughter to follow her dram he enters her into a new reality series and when she is picked she has no idea what lays ahead other than her hairdressing skills will be put to the test but nothing could of prepared her for what she was walking into and the impact it would have on her life!

I am a reality TV fan so the idea of the new show was something that appealed to me in this show and being in a similar industry to Izzy I am all to aware of how relationships can be in the trade and I thought this was portrayed really well in this book. Izzy herself was a likeable down to earth character, she was young and rather naive in a few situations and yet she showed how ballsy she was in other points so she was a well rounded character. I did start to become disappointed in her character along the way but her family and friends were all on hand to try and keep her grounded and I can imagine some of the words of wisdom that Issy had from her father may have been pulled from words of advice given to Vicky Pattison over the years she has had in the limelight.

There were a number of characters to get your head around and it did take me some time especially with the contestants to place who was who and at times I got the boys mixed up but one character who was impossible to get mixed up was the spoilt and rude princess that we call Mia! She sure was a character you love to hate and yet I loved her parts and found myself chuckling away at times especially with the face cream incident!

This is the kind of book I would want to pop in my bag for holiday reading, it is an easy read with a little twist that although I knew something was coming I still couldn't work out exactly what it was. I would recommend this book and in fact my niece has already pinched my copy after I told her that it was not what I was expecting at all. I am pleased I gave this book a chance as it was an enjoyable little read.   





Paperback               Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS