Sunday 5 June 2016

How to find your (first) Husband by Rosie Blake


Isobel Graves moved to LA determined to be the Next Big Thing. Instead, she is dressed as a giant prawn handing out fliers promoting a fish market. Rather than attending glamorous parties and dating exciting men, her evenings consist of watching box sets with her sort-of boyfriend, whose idea of romance is a late-night drunken text. 

Where did it all go wrong? 

When Isobel catches sight of Andrew Parker, her childhood sweetheart, in the background of a TV news story she feels it's a sign. If she'd stuck with Andrew everything would have turned out better. Now she just needs to find him...
Join Isobel as she travels from LA to Devon and to a remote Malaysian island in search of true love.



I have just finished reading How to Find your (First) Husband by Rosie Blake and I am sitting here wondering how on earth to review this book because it was unlike anything I have read before it is completely and utterly bonkers and yet I was hooked and couldn’t put it down!

Meet Isobel Graves, the English woman trying to make it big in LA but things have not gone to plan she never envisioned walking around in a giant prawn! With life not panning out the way she had hoped her thoughts return to her first husband Andrew and she is desperate to hunt him down as she has a romantic notion that her happy ever after will be with him the only thing is she hasn’t set us on Andrew since they left school! Isobel embarks on a quest to find Andrew again across the seas to England and Malaysia to catch her man!

There were many laughable moments in this book because Isobel often finds herself in embarrassing situations from fires to awful singing and dancing moments all in aid of cheering up friend. This is a pacey witty read that will hold your attention the whole way through because there is always something mad about to happen. I am pleased to say Isobel wasn’t a character that I could relate to as she came across rather stalker like but she was a character who I found myself laughing at and actually as the book progressed I did begin to hope for a happy ending for her but just not with Andrew who seemed like a wet fish to me, if I traveled all that way for a man I would want Channing Tatum to be there waiting for me!


I loved the friendships both new and old in the book, Mel was a true friend and her character complemented Isobel and helped to provide more witty situations when they were together. Although this wouldn’t necessarily be a book that I would read again I am so glad I read it as it put a smile on my face and has left me baffled! 

If you want a witty read that isn’t challenging and is fast paced then definitely give this one a go.


Paperback              Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS