Wednesday 5 October 2016

Two by Two by Nicholas Sparks


Sometimes the end is just the beginning . . .
Russell Green has it all: a loving family, a successful career and a beautiful house. But underneath his seemingly perfect world, cracks are beginning to appear . . . and no one is more surprised than Russ when the life he took for granted is turned upside down. 
Finding himself single-handedly caring for his young daughter, while trying to launch his own business, the only thing Russ knows is that he must shelter his little girl from the consequences of these changes. 
As Russ embarks on this daunting and unexpected new chapter of his life, a chance encounter will challenge him to find a happiness beyond anything he could ever have imagined.



Nicholas Sparks is an author who I only came across last year ( I know I must have been hiding under a rock!) I have loved each of his books that I have read so far with See Me being my favourite so I was looking forward to reading his latest release Two by Two.

When the book begins we are introduced to a typical family who are trying to balance life, family and work. Vivian decides to give up work to look after their little girl full time which put the financial pressure on Russell but before long things begin to crumble and soon the roles are reversed.

This was the first book by this author that I struggled to get into, and I think it could have been because although we can see the pressure Vivian and Russell are under whilst trying to adapt to this new way of life there just didn’t seem to be any connection or emotion between the characters, but that comment soon came to bite me on the bum as by the end of the book it was highly emotive and there were such strong bonds that I well and truly broke down and was relieved I wasn’t reading the book in public as I would have gained some disgusted looks!

I loved watching Russell build his relationship with his daughter, there were some real tender moments and it all felt so real which made it so moving.

Each of the characters were well developed some who you will love such as Russ and his family but then there is Vivian …… I took an instant dislike to Vivian and as the storyline progressed she really got under my skin. She seemed to think the world revolved around her and she was nothing more than an unlikeable puppet master!

This book focuses not only on family struggles, relationships and friendships but also has a touch of light humour and a very poignant situation which is becoming all too familiar for everyone now days.
After the slow start to this book it soon became an addictive page turner that broke my heart in two so I would definitely recommend this book.




No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS